A search engine result page (SERP) is comprised of the three types of search results: Sponsored/Paid, Local, and Organic. The local business listings have never been more complex.
Ranking high in the search engines and local directories takes a lot of effort and research. When talking about local SEO in particular, you need:
- Consistency - the number one key to local SEO is making sure your listing has a consistent NAP (name, address, phone number)
- Enhancement - emphasize your listings with photos, videos, and promotions
- Crawlability - make your information easy to read for customers and search engines
- Optimization - you need to optimize your content to be better than the competition
There are four primary sources of data for all the major search engines: Infogroup, Acxiom, Localeze, and Factual. These four providers spread data to Google Maps, Yahoo Local, Bing Local, Yelp, etc... If your business information is incorrect at any of these major providers, it may override what the major search engines have in their own database. And if you're not included in the databases of these major providers, your business is not going to rank as well in Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
There are three ways to submit your business information to local search engines:
- Through the data aggregators (long time to update, prone to mistakes)
- Manually (time consuming, not able to update certain sites)
- Yext (easy and fast submission of business NAP, images, Call to action, focus keywords, etc...
Let us manage your local listing so your potential clients can find you and so your existing clients can find the information they need.